Drinking sweet tea in the South is almost a ritual that they don’t mind following year-round. This quintessential drink offers everything you might be looking for in a drink. It quenches your thirst on a hot summer day and it’s delicious to be savored any time of the day.
People have been enjoying drinking tea for centuries and reaping the benefits of what this versatile drink can do can do to one’s health. It’s the second most consumed beverage in the world, just behind water. Green tea, for example, is known for fighting diseases and giving a boost to your metabolism.
Not in the South to enjoy a pitch of ice-cold iced tea while feeling a warm breeze sitting on the porch? We can’t fix that but we can give you a few recipes that will make you feel like you’ve been transported to your favorite tropical destination.
How To Make Sweet Tea
Knowing how to brew your tea will make all the difference in the final result. First things first, to make the perfect sweet tea, always give yourself some time since the tea brewing process requires a strong brew and will be diluted when served over ice.
What You’ll Need:
- Half a gallon of spring or filtered water
- 1 ounce of tea leaves or 6 tea bags of your choice
- ¾ cup of sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 pinch of baking soda (to remove bitterness)
How To Make It:
- In a saucepan, heat 4 cups of water and remove it from the heat just before it boils. Add loose tea or teabags and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- While still warm, add baking soda and sugar.
- Transfer warm tea to a pitcher and add the remaining four cups of water.
- Let it chill overnight.
- To make your ice tea creation even more stunning, consider using a fruit or herb infused ice cubes. They are worth the extra effort and will offer an extra touch to your drinks.
We selected 15 Iced Sweet Tea Recipes that are crowd pleasers and are sure to sweeten any hot day!
Please SHARE this story with your friends on Facebook.