Everyone is fascinated by pandas. What’s not to love about them? They’re cute, super playful and cuddly. If you don’t believe me, look online at all the live cams that stream their daily activities at zoos and panda sanctuaries all over the world. The audience is there!
These cupcakes are as cute as the real pandas and we’re sure you’ll enjoy making them as well as eating it. It’s delicious, moist, easy to make and will make you a popular baker if you bring it for others to enjoy at work, to a family gathering or even a school’s bake sale.
Did we mention that kids love decorating the little pandas? One more reason for you to make them.
This recipe takes about one hour to make and yields 48 mini cupcakes, just enough for a tasty mouthful!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
For The Cupcake Batter
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Butter (½ Butter Stick)
- ¾ Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Hot Water
- Piping Bag
- Decorating Tips (one small, one medium)
- Mini Cupcake Pan
- Mini Cupcake Liners
For The Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 Cup Butter (2 Sticks)
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For The Topping:
- Sanding Sugar
- 96 Chocolate Chips (whole)
- 24 Chocolate Chips (cut in half)
- 96 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz Chocolate Sprinkles
- 96 Mini Chocolate Chips (for the googly eyes)
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill mini cupcake pan with liners
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and and set aside.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and mix it until well combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients mix, alternating it with hot water. Mix well.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool.
- In an electric mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar, until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and milk.
- Mix it for a few more minutes, until firm and fluffy.
- Place ¾ of the frosting in a piping bag with a medium size decorating tip and the remainder frosting into a piping bag with a small decorating tip and set aside.
How To Assemble It:
- Place the sanding sugar, chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and sprinkles in separate bowls.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting on top of cupcakes.
- Once frosted, lightly press the cupcake in the bowl of sanding sugar, so the frosting can spread and cover most of the top surface.
- Once all the cupcakes tops are frosted and coated in sugar, start making the panda faces.
- For the ears, place 2 chocolate chips sideways on the top corners.
- For the nose, place a chocolate chip cut in half in the center of the cupcake.
- Using the remainder of the frosting, pipe two small dollops where the eyes should be.
- Lightly place 2 mini chocolate chips pointed side down on top of the frosting dollop.
- To add a mouth, use 3 chocolate sprinkles and press them into the frosting, right below the nose.
Please SHARE with your friends on Facebook.