Springtime is finally here and if you are craving a light, tangy and creamy dessert you’re in luck.
Jessica from Desserts With Benefits came up with an incredibly healthy version of a Key Lime Pie, which is known for being absolutely delicious, but also heavy-laden with sugars and fats.
Since we want to get in shape for the summer, not became one (round is a shape!), this recipe checks all the boxes. It has only 250 calories a slice and is everything you would be looking for in a decadent dessert, has all the scrumptious flavor and no guilt!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
For The Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 ½ Cups Graham Cracker Cracker Crust
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Butter Emulsion
For The Filling
- 1 Recipe of Jessica’s Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Large Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Lime Zest
- ¾ Freshly Squeezed Key Lime Juice
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the crust and press the mixture into a 9.5” pie dish.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until firm.
- Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and egg yolks. Mix in the cornstarch, yogurt and lime zest, adding the lime juice last.
- At first, it’ll look curdled. Just whisk it vigorously to make it smooth again. The mixture should be thick and look like pudding. Pour mixture into baked crust and bake it for about 16 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool for 2 hours, cover and refrigerate it overnight.
If you like this recipe, please SHARE with your friends on Facebook!